Monday 30 December 2019

Top 10 Favorite cards 2019


Hello friends,

I'm back with my favourite non-Christmas cards of 2019 to share in this lull between Christmas and New Year. They are in no particular order and there is a link for each card that will take you to the original post if you want to see more information about them.

We needed several new baby cards this year and I really liked how this one turned out. It almost ended up in the bin because I messed up when colouring the cute bunny. Instead, I stamped and coloured another one which I glued at the bottom to give a bit of dimension and I was quite pleased with the 'save'!




This second card is the one I made for my Granddaughter's first birthday. She loves looking at the Very Hungry Caterpillar book so this was ideal for her. I used the Silhouette Cameo to cut the caterpillar, letters and the cloud-shaped top. I really enjoyed inking that sky!





I needed to make a big card for my friend Zoe who had a big spring birthday this year. We are in the same reading group and it needed to be big enough for all the group to sign. I used an 8x8 inch card base and the Papertrey Ink Tulip Time stamps and dies to create the bouquet which was perfect for the season, and as I need a lot of practice with layering stamps, I was pleased with how the tulips turned out.




This one is a very simple card but I was so pleased with how the inky background paper turned out. The anchor came free with a magazine and I cut it and stacked it four times before adding glossy accents to give it an enamelled look.





I made this card for my youngest son's birthday. He occasionally does some DJ work so I was delighted to find this turntable die from MFT. I made it into a DJ double deck and used double-sided card so that it will fold up to go in an envelope. I tell you, small things make me happy and I love that the records go round and the arms move off and on the record lol!





I love the WPlus9 Unforgettable stamp set with the adorable elephant in it and pulled it out again to make this new baby card. You just can't go wrong with this set and I just inked up a sky background for him to come floating from with his bunch of balloons.




I practised again with layering stamps on this Peruvian Lily get well card. The stamp set is from the Altenew Build a Flower series and this is a favourite cutting flower in my garden. I let the large flower take centre stage and just added a little inking behind it.




 I think this card is my favourite of the year. I have always wanted the Lawn Fawn Vegtastic stamp set but it was retired before I was able to get it and I haven't seen it for sale second hand either. So, I was delighted when Lawn Fawn came up with the Be Hap-pea set and I had such fun making this one. Love the background MFT All Lined up stamp too.





I don't often use patterned paper but it worked really well on this bright and cheery birthday card. I used the Simon Says Stamp Birthday Borders set and added glossy accents and glitter to the candle flames.



Now I know my final card is the same overall design as the anchor card above,
but those sweet little love birds and the hearts really please me so I had to include this one too.




Well, that is my selection for this year and my take away lesson from going through all my cards is to be more adventurous and try some new techniques. I also want to practice more with all the layering stamps I have that I just can't seem to line up properly. Oh, and I have to spend some time learning how to use the Scan n Cut. It's got to pay for itself by helping me cut down on my die purchases this year lol!

Have a Happy New Year.

Hugs
Carol xxx




























5 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous selection of cards and what amazing creativity x. I am playing catch up after being away and I have so enjoyed catching up on your blog posts. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and made lovely memories? x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful selection of beautiful cards Carol, I seem to have missed most of these! Which makes you posting them again great for me LOL.
Happy New Year
Faith x

Sarah said...

This is a wonderful selection of your wonderful creations Carol, I couldn't pick a favourite...they are all brilliant!! Enjoy your Scan 'n' Cut!! Happy New Year xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

All cards are wonderful and beautifully made. Great selection.

Darnell said...

These are all fabulous, Carol! I don't know how you manage to narrow it down to 12! Your coloring is amazing and I especially love that DJ card for your son! I somehow missed that one so I'm glad to see it here! Hugs, Darnell

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...