Thursday 15 June 2023

The Greetery Cathedral Window Christmas card

                                      



 Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at ABC Christmas Challenges.

Most of the UK has been basking in wonderful sunshine along with an occasional thunderstorm, so I confess that I haven't been spending much time at my craft desk, but I did enjoy making my card for this challenge.



Our themes this time are

L for Lots of Layers and/or M for Mice. I did start a mouse card but got sidetracked and just ended up with my L for Lots of Layers



For the background, I embossed a Sue Wilson ornament embossing folder onto some white card and matted it onto a black layer. I next inked up a panel of white card with yellow and orange oxide inks and a blending brush to provide a background for the window. The beautiful window die (from my NBUS box) is from The Greetery and I cut this once from black glossy card and once from white, then offset them before adding them to the inked panel. I fussy cut around the window and then layered it onto the background. For the holly, I found some snippets of card from my stash that I had smooshed some green inks onto and I then cut the leaves with a die from The Winter Additions die set from Apple Blossom. 



I added the holly to the card along with a stamped and die cut 'Joy, and finished off with some Nuvo drop berries. I really liked this Cathedral window die and think it would be easy to adapt this design for weddings or Christenings too.

I'd like to play along at







Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs

Carol x

10 comments:

Carole said...

This is a beautiful card Carol and it obviously took some time with your layers and colouring. You have made ne think I should ink all my snippets too and maybe they would get used then? Too hot here to craft, too hot to garden, washing on the line but that makes ironing..groan. xx

Di said...

Gorgeous card Carol - I love all the different elements that you used - perfect Christmas card!

Hugs
Di xx

brenda said...

Really like this one, love an arch window Carol.

B x

Sue said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Carol love the colours and the design hugs...I have the fan blasting lol it's so hot here hugs x

Sarn said...

Wow, that’s a stunning card. Really love how you offset the window pieces. Lovely die. Fab card.
Thanks for submitting homework to the Snippets Playground.
Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, come and join me for refreshments at the picnic tables. X

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Carol. Love your ink blending behind the window and how you offset the two layers. TFS

Darnell said...

I had a giggle about how your card somehow morphed from a mouse card to a regal Cathedral card, Carol! It's really beautifully crafted and I love how you've made that window glow warmly for Christmas! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! I hope your glorious weather has continued! Hugs, Darnell

Sarah said...

This is really beautiful Carol, such wonderful colours xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Carol! What a lusciously warm Christmas card with the prettiest glow of joy coming forth! Your coloring and depth are beautifully done!
hugs,
de

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh this is beautiful Carol! I've been wavering about this die and I think you may have tipped me over! Vicky x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...