Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More. We have a gorgeous inspiration photo for you this time
and just look at the beautiful blue hues and pretty butterfly to get the creative juices flowing.
I have a small border embossing folder in my stash that came free with a magazine, so I decided to pull it out and have a play, using an inking technique I have seen used but never had the courage to try.
2) Repeat this and fussy cut the butterflies and the largest flower.
3) Make mats and layer them up onto a DL sized card, spattering a little blue ink onto the white panel.
4) Die cut a small banner and white emboss the "you are", from Avery Elle Simply Said Amazing set. Place this on white card and fussy cut around it to create a mat.
5) Use the die from the accompanying set to cut "Amazing" in blue and white card and layer them up to create a shadow effect.
6) Layer everything up and shape the butterflies and flower before adding them to the card to give dimension. Finish off with a few tiny pearls on the flowers.
I was pleased with how this turned out, and will certainly try inking up embossing folders again. It made me so happy when the background came out coloured and the butterflies and flowers stayed white - it reminded me of the first time I saw heat embossing! Okay - I know I should get out more lol! I decided not to put a greeting inside yet, so I can use it for a birthday, passing an exam, or just as an encouragement note.
You'll find lots of inspiration over on the ASTM blog and you have a week to play along with us.
I'd like to play along with
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - spring into spring
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - things with wings
International Art and Souls - embossing
Thanks for stopping by.